Per-Diem Firefighter Program
Per Diem Firefighter shifts are available every night of the year from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am. Per Diem shifts are also available on Saturday and Sunday days from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm, as well as holiday day shifts. Shift times are somewhat flexible as to start and end of shift times, as long as a twelve hour shift is completed. Per Diem shifts are open to GCFD3 volunteer firefighters as well as resident firefighters with the GCFD3 resident program. Currently, to be eligible to fill a per diem shift you must be a member in good standing, have a current First Aid / Healthcare Provider CPR card, have completed all wildland training that is required by the district and have completed FFI training or equivalent.
Per Diem Firefighter shifts pay $50 per shift plus volunteers receive normal points for calls and training during their shift. Pay will be monthly and taxable as income.
Per Diem Firefighters are insured under the Volunteer Relief and Pension Act (NOT L&I).
Per Diem Firefighter Responsibilities: *Respond to all emergency calls during their shift. *Assist Resident Firefighters with normal shift duties and other assigned tasks. *Remain on premises at the station during shift hours unless training or responding to an emergency. *Be professional and act as an advocate for Grant County Fire District 3 with the public and other emergency personnel.
Sign Up Instructions
The Per Diem Firefighter sign-up is now being done online through the GCFD3 website. If you are interested in taking per diem shifts, you need to do the following:
- Obtain your password by calling the main station at 509-787-2713
- You may be prompted one time for an additional username and password for security reasons.
The username for the secondary security screen is “butterfly” and the password is also “butterfly”
- After you have obtained your password, visit the Per Diem Scheduling Page at the link below.
- Next, choose the station you wish to sign up for.
- Once you are on the Schedule Sign Up page, you will see that the month selected either has grey dates or black with a line through them. The grey dates are still available, the black with a line through them have been taken already. Click on the date you wish to sign-up for , and which shift (if applicable), and you will be directed to the sign up for that date and shift. Please enter ALL the information.
- Once you hit continue, you have signed up for that date. You cannot remove that date or alter it. If you need to cancel it, you must contact Cpt Hille.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail, and an e-mail reminder the day before your scheduled shift.
- PLEASE REMEMBER… Shift sign-up time frames remain the same.
- First week: Volunteer Firefighters, max TWO shifts each
- Second Week: Resident Firefighters, max FOUR shifts each
- Third Week: Volunteer Firefighters, max TWO additional shifts each
- Remainder of the month is available for either Volunteer Firefighters or Resident Firefighters UP TO 8 MAX for the month .
- If you sign-up for a shift and cannot make it for some reason, it is your responsibility to contact someone to fill the shift.
- Please be courteous to your fellow firefighters and realize there are a number of people that want to fill shifts, so taking all available shifts may keep someone else from being able to being able to participate in the Per Diem program (in other words, play nicely and share).
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE WEB SITE contact the main station and a staff member can aid you in signing up, or you may come into the station and use the computer in the volunteer office.
- You may be unable to access Per Diem Schedule via Firefox. If you have this issue, try again using Google Chrome.